IBM MobileFirst is an open enterprise mobile application platform, formerly known as IBM Worklight. Using advanced technologies, IBM MobileFirst Platform helps to efficiently build powerful and user-friendly enterprise apps and integrate HTML 5 for mobile devices. You don’t need to use the code translation, third-party interpreters or rare language scenarios. The platform comprises solutions for remotely managed analytics and security.
IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation is made up of five basic components:
1. IBM MobileFirst Server is a mobile-optimized middleware that serves as a gateway between applications, back-end systems and cloud-based services.
2. IBM MobileFirst Device Runtime Components offer runtime client application program interfaces (API);
3. IBM MobileFirst Platform Cloudant Data Layer Local Edition is a database management system designed to form an optimized data backend for your mobile applications;
4. IBM MobileFirst Application Center enables you to set up an enterprise app store that manages the distribution of production-ready mobile apps;
5. IBM MobileFirst Console is an administrative GUI designed to provide real-time operational analytics for the server, adapters, applications and push services.
Mobile Dimension uses IBM MobileFirst to build advanced, user-friendly and powerful enterprise mobile apps based on specific client requests and business needs.
Helps to accelerate delivery of fully functional enterprise mobile apps with ready-to-use development libraries
Why Use IBM MobileFirst
Easily integrate your app into corporate server systems and cloud services with a Java middleware
Client application program interfaces (API) designed to enhance server functionality
Manage, monitor and administrate servers, adapters, applications and push services remotely with IBM MobileFirst Console